Terms and Conditions
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy any digital content as part of my online teaching course from me and check that it contains everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that you have a 14 day right to change your mind and get a full refund on your digital content. You do not have this right to cancel once a streaming has started provided you have been told this and have acknowledged this.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says digital content must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
If your digital content is faulty, you’re entitled to a repair or a replacement.
If the fault can’t be fixed, or if it hasn’t been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, you can get some, or all of your money back.
If you can show the fault has damaged your device and I haven’t used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation.
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice, please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The information in this summary summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
Important information on streaming costs and ‘bill shock’:
Before you buy your digital content and stream it onto your computer or device, please check the file size of your digital content carefully as using too much data might mean that you exceed your data limit on your mobile phone and you could face paying more than you were expecting, particularly if you are using your mobile phone abroad.
This contract sets out:
your legal rights and responsibilities;
my legal rights and responsibilities; and
certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
‘I’, ‘me’ or ‘my’ means Stephanie Holland; and
‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person buying digital content from me.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to me about it, please contact me by:
email email@example.com; or
telephone +44 (0) 782 1810679
Who am I?
I am Stephanie Holland (trading as Mangala Holland)
My registered office is at PO Box 3455, Bristol, UK BS5 5HS.
The details of this contract will not be filed with any relevant authority by me.
- If you buy digital content from me you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- You may only buy digital content from my site for non-business reasons.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- When buying any digital content you also agree to be legally bound by:
- my additional terms and conditions relating to this course which are displayed on my website;
- extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. This may happen for security, legal or regulatory reasons. I will contact you to let you know if I intend to do this by giving you one month’s notice. You can end this contract at any time by giving one month’s notice if I tell you extra terms apply; and
- specific terms which apply to certain digital content for my online course. If you want to see these specific terms, please visit the relevant webpage for the digital content at any time during the online purchase process.
All of the above documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
2. Information I give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that I must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and me is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
- click on the ‘key information’ button;
- read the acknowledgement email (see clause 4.2); or
- contact me using the contact details at the top of this page.
- The key information I give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If I have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and me is made, I can only do this if you agree to it.
3. Your privacy and personal info
4. Ordering digital content
Below, I set out how a legally binding contract between you and me is made.
- You place an order for digital content via the website. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to me. In any event, before you place your order you must check that the hardware and software requirements of your computer or device mean that you can stream the digital content. Please click on the ‘key technical information’ button if you want to see the requirements.
- When you place your order at the end of the online purchase process (e.g. when you click on the pay now’ button), I will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- I may contact you to say that I do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the streaming of digital content is unavailable;
- I cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the digital content from me;
- I am not allowed to sell the digital content to you; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the digital content.
- I will only accept your order when I email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and me;
- the digital content will be available to stream to you on the dates and times as advertised for my course on my website, and will be available again to stream from 24 hours after each part was first available to stream on those first times and dates; and
- it is important that you attend each online class live or by replay, replay being available to stream from 24 hours after the original class was streamed live.
- If you are under the age of 18 you may not buy any digital content from the site.
5. No right to cancel
- When you place an order for streaming of digital content, you will be asked to tick a box to confirm that you consent for the streaming of the digital content to start after on the dates advertised for my course, and that you acknowledge that as soon as you access my digital content via streaming it, this means you lose your right to cancel.
- This means that you do not have the right to cancel this contract once the streaming of the digital content starts and are not entitled to a refund unless the digital content is faulty.
- This does not affect the rights you have if your digital content is faulty. A summary of these rights is provided at the top of this contract.
6. Permission to use digital content
- When you buy the digital content and it is streamed to you (see clause 4.4.2), you will not own it. Instead, I give you permission to use it (also known as a ‘licence’) for the purpose of you using and enjoying it according to this contract.
- The digital content:
- is personal to you. You can use it wherever you want in the world but only if you comply with local laws;
- is non-exclusive to you. I will supply the same or similar digital content to other users;
- course notes will be available to you for each master class;
- contains information which is owned by me or third parties or both. You must not conceal, change or remove any markings which show who owns this information, such as copyright (©), registered trade mark (®) or unregistered trademark (™) markings
- Except where you have permission to use the digital content under this clause 6, you will not obtain any rights of ownership or other rights (of whatever nature) in the digital content or in any copies of it.
- Once you have placed your order and the Confirmation Email has been sent to you (see clause 2.7), the digital content will be available to stream on the times and dates advertised for my course and can be streamed afterwards.
- I will deliver your digital content in installments over the course of my teaching online as advertised on my website.
- If something happens which:
- is outside of my control; and
- affects you being able to stream the digital content,
- I will let you have a revised time for when you can expect to be able to stream the digital content.
- If your computer or device blocks the streaming of the digital content or the streaming does not start, you may still have the right to cancel the contract. If this happens, please contact me using the contact details at the top of this page.
- I accept all major credit cards and debit cards. I do not accept cash.
- The Course Payment Schedule sets out the various ways that you can pay for streaming of the digital content.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. I may also need to use extra security steps via:
- Verified by Visa
- Mastercard®SecureCodeTM: or
- American Express SafeKey:
- The price of the digital content: is in United States of America Dollars ($)(US);
- All payments by you are accepted by me via the payment gateway on my website.
9. Nature of the digital content
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, that the digital content:
- is of satisfactory quality;
- is fit for purpose; and
- matches its description.
- I must provide you with digital content that complies with your legal rights.
- When I supply the digital content:
- I will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is free from defects, viruses and other malicious content;
- I do not promise that it is compatible with any third party software or equipment except where I have said that it is in the guide to its use or on my website; and
- you acknowledge that there may be minor errors or bugs in it.
10. Faulty digital content
- Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’) are set out at the top of this contract. They are a summary of some of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from me, please:
- contact me using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact me using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- me to repair the digital content;
- me to replace the digital content;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the digital content and get a refund.
- To avoid faults in the digital content happening, you must use it only on the recommended third party software and equipment set out in the guide to its use on my website.
11. End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect my right to receive any money which you owe to me under this contract.
12. LIMIT ON MY RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
Except for any legal responsibility that I cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, I am not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and me when the contract was formed;
- that were not caused by any breach on my part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- I will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
- the digital content;
- my service to you; or
- any other matter,
please contact me as soon as possible.
- If you and I cannot resolve a dispute using my internal complaint handling procedure, I will:
- let you know that I cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- you may use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform to resolve the dispute with me. For more details, please visit the website on the ‘Your Europe’ portal.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
14. Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.